Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this university recruiter role you'll:
- Partner with hiring teams to set university hiring strategy (e.g. hiring plan, job specifications, host selection, interview panels, etc.)
- Serve as a full lifecycle recruiter and achieve annual intern hiring goals, inclusive of engaging in candidate sourcing, attraction and selection; you will also manage post-program evaluations and handle conversion offers
- Effectively communicate Waymo’s value proposition to attract and close highly sought after candidates, providing an efficient yet high-touch experience for every candidate
- Engage, build, and maintain relationships and branding events at targeted schools, organizations and academic conferences, coordinating event logistics and traveling when needed
- Capture accurate and complete candidate information using Waymo’s application tracking system and report on hiring and program results
- Be a flexible team player when necessary, covering new client/focus areas or helping with special hiring initiatives
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 3-5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience in an agency, corporate, or start-up setting
- 2+ years of experience hiring technical university talent, including closing intern to early career candidates and negotiating with those who have multiple competitive offers
- Solid knowledge of on-campus hiring practices and schedules
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous workstreams
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Knowledge of the autonomous vehicle industry
- Experience recruiting for software engineering teams: Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast paced start-up environment
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.