Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role you'll:
- Lead the design, contribute to the strategy, and drive implementation and delivery of our employee engagement programs at Waymo, including our annual employee engagement survey and emerging pulse survey needs. Support action planning at all levels of Waymo to positively influence employee engagement and experience.
- Participate in the design, implementation, delivery, and measurement of our Future of Work initiatives, helping us set and evolve best practices for working across office-based, hybrid, and remote/distributed work modalities.
- Lead or contribute to other projects and programs related to employee engagement, performance management, organizational health and culture, process improvement, or people operations.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships and partner with various teams and stakeholders across the company to understand and prioritize business needs, recommend solutions, and be a catalyst for implementing meaningful improvements.
- Exercise thought leadership to create, enhance, or deprecate practices and processes, with the key objective of supporting best-in-class, right-sized people programs at Waymo.
- Analyze and interpret program-related data to inform program recommendations, and bring those recommendations to life.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of work experience in Program Management, Consulting, HR or Business Operations
- Proven program management skills, from strategy and design through to execution and measurement of complex, large-scale initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience managing large complex projects with multiple partners and stakeholders across cross-functional teams; PMP or CCMP certification (or similar) is helpful but not required.
- Strong consulting and analytical skills; ability to look at problems from multiple angles, be a thought leader and a systems thinker, and navigate a fast-moving, ambiguous environment
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills, including at the leadership level, enabling you to make progress and remove roadblocks on your projects, often without direct authority
- Excellent judgment on sensitive, complex, and cross-functional issues, fostering collaboration and building trust with stakeholders at all levels, from individual Waymonauts to our co-CEOs
- Experience with internal and external survey tools (specifically Glint/LinkedIn but also Qualtrics or other platforms)
- Experience with lightweight dashboard or data analytics tools (e.g., Plex, Tableau, DataStudio, spreadsheets, etc.) and proficiency with lightweight data analysis (vLookups, Pivot tables, graphs/charts, etc.)
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.