Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Engineering Operations complements automation by providing the human expertise necessary to build HD maps, label perception data, and ensure the safety and efficacy of the Waymo driver by evaluating real-world and simulated events and building test scenarios, all done with extraordinary levels of accuracy.
In this role, you’ll:
- Creating and managing technical documentation and information resources
- Project coordination to take software changes from inception to adoption
- Identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency gains in the mapping process
- Work cross functionally with relevant teams as a point of contact to resolve edge cases and escalations
- Report and contextualize issues for our Engineering and Product teams, working with them to respond quickly and implement practical solutions
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS/BA degree or 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse and dynamic work environment
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new concepts and utilize proprietary tools
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Basic skills in task planning and time management
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with ramping up operational teams at scale
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Strong background as an independent contributor (self guided) in previous roles
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.