Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams are making the technology of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this role, you'll:
- Lead the contract negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Own closure on contract. Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions through to closure
- Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI/RFQ on custom silicon. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders and lead the evaluation process of bid award with the evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision.
- Identify key benchmark suppliers in RF-x efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criteria and provide relevant data and recommendations back to internal team
- Own and provide industry and actual unit and service cost data which feeds into total cost of ownership (TCO) and RF-x. Drive continual improvement of productivity
- Measure, report and action cost improvement as compared to market pricing and cost models
- Supplier survey, audit and qualification: Lead and coordinate efforts to survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers
- Lead measuring supplier performance, root cause issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance
- Ensure appropriate levels of strategy, definition and development to the supply chain (physical, financial and information flows) in the areas of design, source, make and deliver have been implemented to support released products.
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS or equivalent in electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years’ of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in technology sourcing roles
- Experience improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and objective-based performance measures, in both ODM and OEM environments
- Analytical and results focused
- Experience in the Semiconductor industry with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with and managing Semiconductor Component, Software, Services, etc.
It's preferred if you have:
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.