Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Business Systems team defines and builds the business IT architecture that supports the commercial operation of Waymo's autonomous fleet. The team stands at the intersection of finance, operations and IT; through creative architecture, expertise and attention to detail, it ensures that Waymo has world-class capabilities across all its business processes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design and implement a resilient and interoperable enterprise computing infrastructure, encompassing the entire technology stack from, networking, security the data center to end-user computing services, to support Waymo’s mission
- Develop and lead a high performing infrastructure engineering and operations team to ensure the reliable delivery of IT services and operations
- Develop strategic infrastructure roadmaps in alignment with business objectives, estimate total costs of ownership, develop business cases and proposals
- Manage implementation of infrastructure projects from inception to operations using proven methodologies and practices
- Continually improve existing capabilities to enhance customer experience and maximize value of investments
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- B.S or M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- A minimum of 15 + years of experience in technology leadership positions with an emphasis on infrastructure services, cloud computing, and workplace technologies
- Substantial experience leading, directing and controlling a complex, highly technical operation or organization
- Experience migrating IT infrastructure into a cloud environment
- Knowledge of business concepts, and an understanding of the links between major business processes, products, systems, and networks
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and the ability to apply those technologies to business needs
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.