Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Strategy & BizOps team drives and executes against the company’s go-to-market strategy. We leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to create long-term business strategies and help execute on Waymo’s commercial deployment. The team is analytically driven, with a proactive mentality, focused on finding and delivering on high impact projects.
In this role, you'll:
- Lead or co-lead corporate strategy projects answering critical questions related to Waymo’s commercialization
- Conduct rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams across Waymo, including Product, Finance, Partnerships, Marketing, Policy, Operations and others
- Present and discuss recommendations with executives and senior leadership
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 4+ years of experience in corporate strategy, business operations or similar roles in tech companies, management consulting, investment banking etc.
- Excellent in structured and creative problem solving and breaking down ambiguous problems into actionable components
- Strong analytical skills including financial modeling and data analysis
- Practicality: strategic thinking (how should we think about it?) combined with a commercial mindset (how could we test it and make it work?)
- Strong cross-functional relationship building, communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adapting to fast-moving situations
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience in industries related to potential applications of the Waymo Driver (ride hailing, trucking, delivery etc) or expertise in specific areas of commercialization / go-to-market strategy (e.g., pricing, partnerships, international expansion etc)
- Experience in bringing to market and commercializing highly complex and innovative products, especially those with both online (software) and offline (physical world) components
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.