Strategic Sourcing Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams are making the technology of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this role, you’ll:
- Assist in the development of the Strategic Sourcing process as designed by the Waymo sourcing manager. Specifically, a sound working knowledge of executing Requests for Proposals (RFP), Quotes (RFQ), Information (RFI) and rapid sourcing tactics including the collection of requirements, negotiation preparation, scenario modeling, creative problem-solving, and analyzing bid responses
- Support the delivery of tangible results including saving goals and targets from planning, inception through the realization of benefits. Quantify the baseline value of goods and services being sourced, the value of negotiations, and the final change in total cost of ownership; execute thoughtful, high-fidelity analysis including moderately complex framework and assumption-making under the guidance of the Waymo sourcing manager
- Support the Management and development of internal and external relationships with clients and stakeholders throughout Waymo’s various business units and coordinated sourcing strategies
- Support the Waymo sourcing manager to execute Category Management. Additionally, continually stay current on industry best practices based on a solid understanding of how to execute general market research
- Draft and process category wide operational agreements, amendments, and other legal instruments that minimize financial and business risk exposure while providing optimal terms and conditions. Interface between legal, business and other Waymo stakeholder communities under the direction of the Waymo sourcing manager. Attention to detail and clear stakeholder communication skills are required
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- At least 2-3 years of contract administration and/or sourcing experience
- 2+ years of knowledge of General Services/G&A and Engineering industry related experience or similar related commodities
- Ability to support various analysis scenarios and basic spreadsheet management
- Ability to identify & develop recommendations to support stakeholder influencing process
- High personal integrity and ethics
- Ability to learn quickly in a very fast paced environment
It’s preferred if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or a related field; or equivalent education and work experience
- Demonstrated track record for operational excellence in a large, complex and fast-moving organization
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a disability, medical condition or religious belief, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.