Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role, you’ll:
- Deliver operational and system administration services in support of various HR programs and processes spanning the employee lifecycle, from onboarding to offboarding, and everything in between
- Handle inbound employee and People Team member inquiries in a timely and effective manner; provide assistance or redirect to an appropriate team member as needed
- Maintain and audit employee records to ensure they are complete, accurate and compliant
- Document and help evolve Waymo’s people processes, taking a data-driven approach to spotting and acting on opportunities to improve, automate, and/or innovate them
- Partner with key stakeholders and internal partners such as employment legal, HR business partners, and employee relations to ensure our HR processes and policies are aligned with and deliver on Waymo’s needs
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and support major people-related programs, such as the opening of a new business location, Waymo’s annual performance review cycle, or our employee engagement surveys
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 3 years of experience in an operations, administrative support, project coordinator, or customer service role, preferably in a high growth and fast paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Growth mindset; eager to learn and willing to attempt a new skill or process, even if its something you’ve never done before
- Self-starter with a high level of creativity, perseverance, independence and flexibility, who proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes and improve the client or partner experience
- Experience in improving and identifying issues in business processes, suggesting user focused improvements and driving recommended solutions
- Experience in a People Operations or HR function helpful but not required - if you’re the right candidate, we’re happy to teach you what you need to know!
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a disability, medical condition or religious belief, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.