Program Manager, Engineering Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Engineering Operations complements automation by providing the human expertise necessary to build HD maps, label perception data, and ensure the safety and efficacy of the Waymo driver by evaluating real-world and simulated events and building test scenarios, all done with extraordinary levels of accuracy.
In this role, you’ll:
- Oversee the entire program and drive delivery against KPIs
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to drive measurable improvements to top-line metrics
- Monitor, measure and communicate project progress and team performance to direct management
- Identify process improvements and partner with stakeholders, Product and Engineering, to define and implement enhancements
- Set priorities of daily work and operations to match business goals, and adapt appropriately to respond to real time changes
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in technical, or business discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years project/program management experience
- Strong technical abilities - able to work closely with software engineers
- Excellent project manager with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time
- Strong communication and presentation skills - can explain complicated topics and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Detail oriented, versatile, innovative, self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
It’s preferred if you have:
- 5+ years project/program management experience
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Basic/fundamental SQL querying
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a disability, medical condition or religious belief, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.