Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive and direct Waymo’s overall design, development and delivery of effective strategic sourcing plans in partnership with Engineering Recruiting Leads and internal executive level client stakeholders
- Effectively manage a team of individual Sourcers and Sourcing Managers. This includes but is not limited to: setting performance expectations and coaching team members, providing tactical, day to day direction, leading by example to ensure data integrity, pointing out issues in order to enable course corrections and providing developmental feedback
- Research, analyze and communicate recruitment, talent pool and industry trends to inform Waymo’s sourcing strategy for engineering positions at all levels and with various specialty skills sets
- Report on sourcing strategy results including the return on investment of specific talent channels, sourcing funnel statistics, individual Sourcer productivity, offer extend and acceptance rates for targeted sourcing initiatives, etc. and apply these insights to continuously enhance the Sourcing team’s results and Waymo’s overall hiring strategy
- Demonstrate expertise and thought leadership with regards to collecting and assessing competitive intel, sharing the most effective sourcing tools and techniques, and deploying innovative sourcing approaches
- Be an active members of the Recruiting leadership team, driving broad based initiatives and the evolution of the overall organization
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 10+ years of extensive technical recruiting/sourcing experience, including experience with recruiting information/applicant tracking and candidate relationship management systems
- 8+ years of relevant people management experience at scale with demonstrated success in building out, leading, or managing teams of high-performing individuals
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex set of senior level stakeholders
- Analytical skills and comfort with metrics, numbers and trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Ability to influence through excellent relationship building, expertise, and data
- Ability to take initiative to get things done in tandem with participating in deeply complex strategy discussions and implementation plans
- Excellent problem solving ability inclusive of independently identifying opportunities for improvement and galvanizing a complex web of relationships and dependencies to holistically address the issue
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email email@example.com. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)