Senior Recruiting Manager, Software
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role you'll:
- Build relationships with stakeholders at all levels across Software by keenly understanding their priorities and partnering with their team and those across the People function to enable the successful delivery of talent needs.
- Partner closely with business leaders, HR business partners, and Finance to understand Software growth targets, organizational landscape and talent market. This includes co-design and development of the workforce plan including hiring targets and resourcing requirements & strategies to meet expected growth.
- Grow and develop a team of high performing technical recruiters and managers with focus on skill development and coaching.
- Foster and promote an environment with high psychological safety and keen focus on collaboration and team-centered behaviors.
- Guide mentorship and career development at all levels to create an environment where folks seek to expand their capabilities and lean on data to focus, prioritize and problem solve.
- Data quality and continuous improvement mindset to center the work, partnering with our talent acquisition leadership team, analytics and recruiting ops to hone repeatable and reliable processes. Set the tone with the team to bring this ethos to life, with focus on efficiency, effectiveness and equity across our ways of working with diversity and inclusion at the center.
- Use our staffing metrics as part of the day-to-day way of working to guide the priorities and focus areas in discussions with stakeholders and leadership.
- Be attuned to the external talent landscape to understand current trends in the autonomous vehicle space and technology; use this knowledge to be responsive and build creative approaches and solutions to our recruiting activities.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 12+ years of talent acquisition experience with 7+ years leading and managing a team of recruiting professionals
- 5+ years recruiting experience within a high-growth tech industry environment (with an emphasis on partnering with technical leadership to identify and support their workforce planning needs)
- Demonstrated success in hiring, leading, coaching and managing teams of high-performing individuals
- Demonstrated experience and fluency in recruiting metrics and/or analytics to determine and actively manage resourcing levels and requisition prioritization including throughput and volume
- Demonstrated experience deploying data-driven recruitment strategies to attract and source diverse talent pools
- Project management experience to guide the day-to-day recruiting efforts and/or initiatives across the team
- Knowledge and application of domestic employment laws and practices
It’s preferred if you have:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to take initiative and build positive, productive relationships to galvanize the organization to holistically solve problems and seize opportunities
Adept at influencing through collaborative relationships, expertise and data to manage a broad range of cross-functional stakeholders
Bring expertise to bear to coach stakeholders on best approaches and practices including for example influencing leaders in how they approach their searches, considering candidates often times without traditional backgrounds with transferable skills
Proven track record of inspirational people leadership, fostering an environment with high psychological safety; demonstrated experience in coaching a team for continuous learning and skill development
Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done in tandem with participating in data analytics discussions with the technical leads to assess focus areas and approaches to problem solving
Pulse on the external competitive landscape; continuing to understand the trends and be responsive to bring knowledge to our business and ways of working
Ability to work across technology industries (i.e. hardware, software, machine learning, robotics, etc.)
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email email@example.com. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)