Mountain View, California, United States
New York, New York, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Compute Team is tasked with a critical and exciting mission: We deliver the compute platform responsible for running the fully autonomous vehicle’s software stack. To achieve our mission, we architect and create high-performance custom silicon; we develop system-level compute architectures that push the boundaries of performance, power, and latency; and we collaborate closely with many other teammates to ensure we design and optimize hardware and software for maximum performance. We are a multidisciplinary team seeking curious and talented teammates to work on one of the world’s highest performance automotive compute platforms.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with the Architecture and Design teams to develop Physical Design (PD) methodologies and flows for synthesis, place-and-route, and sign-off
- Solve PD problems with code that is scalable, maintainable, checked-in and reviewed
- Explore physical design tradeoffs; this includes feasibility studies, simulations, and analysis to guide PD strategy
- Work closely with our design team and external partners to drive block closure that meets PPA goals for tapeout - this work will involve running blocks through the flow and reviewing results from external partners
- Develop timing and interconnect methodologies
- Support silicon bring-up and characterization
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science with 6+ years of experience
- Experience with synthesis, APR, and physical sign-off tools while designing high-performance chips on modern nodes
- Experience with characterizing and optimizing area, power, and timing
- Proficiency writing PD flows in languages such as TCL/Python/Bash
- Familiarity with front-end design tools (RTL simulation, wave viewing, gate level simulation, RTL-Level power estimation)
It’s preferred if you have:
- MS/PhD is preferred
- Experience using, configuring, and recommending third-party IP (PLLs, memories, etc)
- Proficiency with Clock Tree Synthesis (CTS), Static Timing Analysis (STA), and custom routing
- Experience with power optimization
- Familiar with chiplets or multi-chip packaging
- Knowledge of standard interface controllers and PHYs, such as PCIe, MIPI, and Ethernet
- Understanding of advanced memory technologies such as HBM2/3 and DDR5
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)