Business Finance Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Our Driver may be autonomous, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role, you’ll:
- Own and maintain an integrated financial viewpoint across the business. You and your team will be responsible for financial models to support Waymo’s business, working closely with all SW and Product stakeholders to accurately reflect and distill business thinking to drive decision-making and to operate the business. This function also will ensure appropriate visibility and oversight for key Waymo and Alphabet stakeholders.
- Build rigorous analytical tools and reporting to measure business results, key success metrics and financial performance, leveraging core systems infrastructure as appropriate and creating new capabilities as required.
- Lead analysis and engagement to drive cross-functional strategic initiatives on behalf of the Software and Product leadership teams. This person will be a true thought partner and be able to think across functions and silos to identify interdependencies, risks, and opportunities for synergies.
- Partner with product program managers, and SW engineers to drive E2E Simulation process efficiencies, improve the spend visibility by building and maintaining the driver based simulation spend and forecast model.
- Partner with the system engineering team to define the roadmap for the strategy for future testing operations.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 12+ years of progressive, hands-on management and leadership experience in FP&A, and Finance Business Partnering;
- Experience executing at scale and building/developing/mentoring superior finance teams; understanding of finance business partner best practices in budgeting, forecasting and month end closing processes; outstanding; financial leadership skills with an emphasis on translating financial insights into operational recommendations; track record of identifying opportunities for business improvement and defining/measuring success;
- Strong understanding of the executive decision-making process and corporate strategy development; ability to communicate, influence and form strong working relationships at executive level; proven success in making high impact contributions at both the strategic and operational level;
- A self-starter with a bias to action; ability and willingness to be hands-on and dive into the detail; self-directed in an unstructured, high growth, fast paced environment; comfortable with ambiguity;
- Relevant experience in Cloud based computing business; Strong analytical and modeling skills, SQL is a big plus; experience working with large datasets and cross functional teams;
- Be able to translate data into information, and support business leaders to make informed decisions.
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA, CPA, and/or experience in working directly with operations, product or software engineers;
- Ability to understand leading edge hardware and software technologies; Transportation / Cloud computing industry experience is a plus;
- Exceptional financial systems and productivity tools skills and experience (MS Excel, SQL & Relational Database/Analysis Tools, SAP, Google Productivity Suite).
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email email@example.com. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)