Infra Lead, ML, Eval, & Simulation
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
We are seeking a strong engineering leader who will lead advancing infrastructure technologies that power Waymo’s simulation, evaluation and ML engines. These planet-scale services manage exabytes of data and scale to handle workloads consuming millions of CPUs. These backbone systems enabled Waymo to continue driving millions of miles and simulate billions more.
In your previous role you have:
- Experience managing, mentoring, and coaching managers and senior engineers
- Worked closely with engineering partners and stakeholders to drive organizational alignment
- Worked closely with our users to understand their needs and address their pain points
- Experience architecting, building and deploying large-scale, production quality systems
In this leadership role, you will:
- Lead a quickly growing org of software engineers
- Define and execute a strategy of short-, medium-, and long-term technical solutions and how they interconnect with Waymo’s product milestones
- Lead design and develop of next generation highly scalable foundational technologies to power realistic simulation and large-scale self-driving system evaluation
- Collaborate effectively across engineering and product leadership at Waymo
- Help to attract world class engineering talent to the team
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)