Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you'll:
- We seek strong TPMs to manage program fundamentals, including risks, timelines, dependencies, and progress to meet our monthly, quarterly and yearly performance goals
- The Planner team takes Perception and Prediction signals to make the final driving decision of the vehicle
- This is a lead role which is both strategic and tactical -- we are looking for senior TPMs and Machine Learning (ML) experts to guide the path of the Planner team overall, and get hands on with specific projects. TPM management experience preferred.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders from across Waymo, including Perception, Prediction, Safety, Systems Engineering, Sim, and Research.
- Evolve new ML models to scale the Waymo driver
- Strong communication skills required to share execution results, risks, and path forward to leadership and partner teams.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 10+ years as Technical Program Manager
- Strong technical depth in math, statistics, robotics, and/or software architecture
- BS Degree in engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience
It's preferred if you have:
- 2-4+ years software engineering experience
- Robotics / autonomous vehicle technology experience
- Python, SQL, data modeling and visualization
- Statistics, probability, and prediction
- Managing TPMs
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)