People Operations Program Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role, you'll:
- Lead the planning and execution of people processes and strategic initiatives across the full spectrum of HR topics, with a focus on accelerating Waymo’s business objectives while delivering a great employee experience.
- Own the operational design and execution of one or more employee life-cycle programs or events, with specific initial focus on developing and scaling the disability accommodations process. Other projects could include working on onboarding, transfers, organizational changes, new office launches, offboarding, or other emerging needs.
- Document and help evolve Waymo’s people processes, taking a data-driven approach to spotting and acting on opportunities to improve, automate, or innovate on how we work.
- Partner with key stakeholders and internal partners such as Employment Legal, HR business partners, and employee relations to ensure our HR processes and policies are aligned with and deliver on their needs.
- Provide day-to-day consultation and transactional support to Waymonauts, managers, Employment Legal, and HR business partners.
- Work cross-functionally within the People team and across Alphabet as needed to resolve employee issues, develop programs and policies, or improve processes.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in an HR operations or analyst role, preferably in a high growth, high volume, and changing environment
- Experience in improving and identifying issues in processes, suggesting user focused improvements
- Proven project management skills and experience contributing to the design and owning the delivery of specific action items on behalf of a company-wide program, with a bias for action and strong execution.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience developing or administering disability and workplace accommodations programs (including the interactive process to help determine accommodations)
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to proactively identify opportunities to streamline processes with a high level of creativity, perseverance, independence and flexibility.
- A technical bent and experience working with systems to improve/automate business processes.
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Persuasive communication and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective partnerships and relationships across all levels of the organization.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)