Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this recruiter role you'll:
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of Waymo's staffing policies and workflows, partner with our Behavior and Simulation hiring teams to set hiring strategy (e.g. hiring plan, job specifications, interviewing panels, etc.) and achieve annual hiring goals
- Ensure representative pipelines and effectively communicate Waymo/hiring team remit and value proposition to attract and close critical talent for Waymo
- Influence managers and/or leaders on, and suggest improvements about, the hiring process using insight gleaned from data and experience partnering with hiring teams
- Provide an efficient yet high-touch and respectful experience for every candidate
- Mentor sourcers on candidate communications and pipelining strategy
- Be a fungible team player whenever necessary, covering new client/focus areas or helping with hiring initiatives outside core assigned clients as needed
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- A minimum of 5+ years of technical recruiting experience required
- Experience closing candidates at all levels from early career to senior level candidates and negotiating complex compensation packages
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Demonstrated ability to recruit across a variety of subject matter including novel areas
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Deep network of technical talent from past recruiting experience
- Experience working at a rapidly growing start-up
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Experience recruiting for software engineering teams: data science, computer vision, machine learning, etc.
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)