Strategic Partner Development Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Business Development and Partnerships team helps plan Waymo’s dynamic future and drive the company’s go-to-market strategy. We work cross-functionally and leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to build forward-looking partnerships that deliver on Waymo’s strategic business objectives. As a member of this entrepreneurial and results-oriented team, you will have a significant impact on defining, developing and executing Waymo’s commercial deployment.
In this Strategic Partner Development Manager role, you'll:
- Build, manage and evolve critical partnerships with small vendor/supplier(s) to large extended workforce partners to support Waymo’s business objectives
- Develop business and partnership strategies to build the AV and EV ecosystem, specifically outsourcing aspects of our ride hailing operations
- Manage existing deals, and negotiate amendments or new partnership agreements with win-win incentives and balanced terms
- Evaluate and maintain partner engagement by building trusted relationships with partners and developing a thorough understanding of their priorities and challenges
- Communicate and collaborate with a broad range of constituents (e.g. internally with Operations, Product, Legal, and Finance teams, and externally at both the executive and working levels) to drive significant business impact
- Articulate business & product requirements in collaboration with technical stakeholders, taking into consideration Waymo’s overall strategy and objectives
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 5-8 years of work experience in business development, vendor/supplier(s) management or a similar partner-facing role with focus on running scaled outsourced operations.
- Experience structuring and negotiating strategic partnership agreements
- Experience operating within and leading cross-functional efforts (with Product, Legal, Finance, Operations, etc.), including on highly sensitive, complex and / or confidential initiatives
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, strong desire to build something that has not yet been built before, and an ability to manage through the ups and downs of this uncertainty
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
It's preferred if you have:
- Previous experience at a forward thinking mobility (ie EV charging) or transportation company
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including articulating key business, legal and technical points with both partners and internal teams, including at the executive level
- Strong problem-solving skills, including an entrepreneurial and creative approach, attention to detail, and demonstrated collaboration instincts
- Self-motivation and a sense of urgency and ownership around delivering on team goals
- Experience developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization
- Exude resilience in challenging times, and be willing to roll up the sleeves no matter how tactical the responsibility may be
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email email@example.com. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)