Product Marketing Manager - Consumer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
On the Waymo Marketing team, you will help to connect people with the magic and impact of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Our team has the unique opportunity to not only grow Waymo's brand from the ground up, but to also build societal acceptance for autonomous driving technology for the first time in history. We build thoughtful marketing strategy, positioning, messaging and creative assets to deliver messages that matter to our audience, communicated through anything from video content, to social media interactions, to immersive physical experiences. We also shape Waymo's go-to-market initiatives, helping to transform Waymo into a thriving business with a growing user base.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with cross-functional teams to craft our positioning/value proposition along with customer-facing messaging
- Produce various marketing assets which communicate our product narrative to the world
- Lead research projects in collaboration with Product, User Experience, and other cross-functional partners to uncover actionable customer insights that will inform product and marketing strategies
- Create strategy for and manage website and rider acquisition efforts
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience)
- 3 - 5 years of product marketing experience, with a focus on consumer-facing goods, services, or programs and experience in product branding, messaging, positioning, targeting, and launches
- Worked cross-functionally with internal teams and external partners to develop and execute impactful marketing campaigns and launches
- Proven track record influencing product roadmaps and user experiences through actionable insights and recommendations
It’s preferred if you have:
- Website strategy and operations experience
- Experience with paid and organic acquisition campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Empathy to put yourself in a potential customer’s situation and create actionable recommendations to solve challenges and company goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of exceptional performance and high productivity in ambiguous environments
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)