Product Manager, Autonomous Specialist Experience and Tools
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you'll:
- Craft the human-to-robot experience of the autonomous specialists as they interact with the Waymo Driver (Waymo’s autonomous system) and associated toolings in their day-to-day work.
- Engage and collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver the tooling solutions to enhance the experience of the autonomous specialists.
- Define requirements and lead as the product & interaction design voice that connects elements across engineering, operations, and other product teams, and partners.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Experience with consumer facing products
- Outstanding communication skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders from different domains (safety, engineering, operations, user research).
- Strong leadership skills to jump into an ambiguous area and define a product strategy along with clearly articulating product requirements
- Experience with products that span the digital and physical world.
It's preferred if you have:
- Industry experience as a product manager, ideally building products that scale with >1000s of users
- Experience with human-robot design
- A bias towards action with a prototyping mindset: build something, try it, learn, try again
- Eager to learn about cutting edge, safety critical topics
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)