Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role, you'll:
- Build relationships and collaborate with teammates, business leaders, and HR clients to solve organizational problems via strategic analytic efforts
- Explore diverse data sets (from hiring data, to exit survey data, to everything in between) to provide essential insights to stakeholders and leadership
- Build and maintain our foundational data infrastructure to ensure our sources of truth are accurate and scalable
- Own the end-to-end process of analytical projects, from brainstorming and scoping to the presentation of results
- Work through ambiguity (e.g., create structure, develop deadlines) to prioritize work while managing multiple workstreams, adapting your approach as you learn
- Keep a focus on how you can uniquely contribute and regularly connect with other teams to tap their expertise
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in hiring analytics, HR reporting, people analytics, or a related field
- Experience working with multiple data sources and combining relevant information to generate insights from analyses; creating effective reporting solutions using SQL (e.g., dashboards, tables, metrics)
- Advanced proficiency and comfort with Google Sheets / Excel
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience turning data into a compelling narrative with visualizations (charts, graphs, tables) and presenting it to HR professionals and executives in a way that influences HR and people strategies
- Experience with relational database construction/design/schemas
- Experience with statistical methods and analysis (e.g., regression analysis)
- Experience with survey design, administration, and analysis
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)