CAD/PCB Design Engineer
Taipei City, Taipei City, Taiwan
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Hardware Engineering team at Waymo is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Be responsible for part of the footprint creation in conjunction with the PCB Librarian
- Own PCB outline and layer setup, component placement and signal routing
- Interface with board fabrication vendors to select and use correct impedance rules, DFM and DFT rulesets
- Work with hardware engineers, PCB designers and fabricators for development and sustaining of actual products
- Continue improving Waymo ECAD/MCAD processes
- Bring new PCB design and manufacturing technologies to Waymo
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor or associate degree in EE or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of CAD and PCB design experience in Cadence and Allegro tools
- Proficient with high-speed and high-power PCB board designs; familiarity with high density Ball-grid Arrays (BGA), PTH, blind and buried vias
- Familiarity with all phases of hardware development including: schematic entry, component placement, DRC/constraints manager, board layout, geber-out process, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills that can enable the candidate to work well with internal, cross functional teams and overseas suppliers
- Ability to work independently and take on projects with minimum supervision
It's preferred if you have:
- Altium layout design experience
- A good understanding of signal integrity and power integrity
- EE system product design experience
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)