Director of Strategy & Business Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Strategy & BizOps team drives and executes against the company’s go-to-market strategy. We leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to create long-term business strategies and help execute on Waymo’s commercial deployment. The team is analytically driven, with a proactive mentality, focused on finding and delivering on high impact projects.
In this role, you'll:
- Lead a high-performing team in refining and executing Waymo’s strategy & maintain a holistic point of view on the competitive landscape
- Guide the Executive Leadership Team through the strategic planning process and work with leaders across the company to develop long-range strategic plans
- Build and refine Waymo’s go-to-market strategy, including business models definition, partnership strategy, and growth strategies
- Identify and develop business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements critical to Waymo's success
- Manage and own key operational and business planning processes to ensure Waymo is able to successfully deploy our AV services
- Collaborate on special projects with leaders of cross-functional teams including product & engineering, partnerships & operations, finance, marketing, and others
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 15+ years of work experience in strategy, business operations, or similar roles in the technology sector, management consulting, investment banking, or similar fields
- A proven track record of guiding companies with strong strategic leadership
- Experience building and managing lean teams with outsized company impact
- Comfort partnering and consulting with executives of all functions on a daily basis
It’s preferred if you have:
- 5+ yrs in management consulting, investment banking, or private equity
- 5+ years experience in managing one or more business lines
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)