Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role, you'll:
- Lead and support the design, implementation, and delivery of our performance management process at Waymo as well as other transformational deliverables from our employee engagement survey to future-of-work, EID (equity, inclusion and diversity) and talent management
- Cultivate collaborative relationships and partner with various teams and stakeholders across the company to understand and prioritize business needs, recommend solutions, and be a catalyst for implementing meaningful improvements
- Exercise thought leadership to create, enhance, or deprecate practices and processes, with the key objective of supporting best-in-class people programs at Waymo
- Analyze and interpret program-related data to inform program recommendations
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of work experience in consulting, HR or business operations
- Proven program management skills, from design through to execution of complex, large-scale initiatives, with a bias towards action, excellence, and cross-functional partnership
- Demonstrated influencing skills to push things forward and remove roadblocks without authority
It’s preferred if you have:
- Ability to look at problems from multiple angles, be a thought leader and a systems thinker
- Experience managing large complex projects with multiple players across cross-functional teams with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent judgment on sensitive, complex, and cross-functional issues, fostering collaboration between leaders, sub-teams, the larger org and related functions
- Crisp, tactful, and diplomatic verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to produce high quality work
- Analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)