Technical Program Manager, Systems Engineering
Mountain View, California, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you’ll:
- Identify gaps and propose changes to existing policy, systems and process frameworks
- Develop scalable solutions and work to manage risks across the organization and develop best practices that are a benefit across the organization
- Support or lead complex, multidisciplinary projects. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines
- Create presentations with compelling messages effectively tailored to different audience levels, including executives
- Drive recommendations through to implementation and results
- Develop and manage testing and analysis best practices for complex HW/SW systems
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Systems-engineering mindset, an understanding of the Systems Engineering Process (i.e. use cases to requirements to architecture to design review to DVP/V&V, etc.)
- Experience in government, safety industry, transportation/logistics, or equivalent project management experience in a technology or media company
- Superior problem-solving and project management skills and experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Experience implementing projects in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity
It’s preferred if you have:
- Proven ability to work with team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business problems. This position involves leading and working effectively with cross functional groups.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email email@example.com. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)