Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role you'll:
- Develop the university recruiting strategy and programs that will attract, nurture and engage the brightest and most diverse talent for the future of Waymo
- Manage the university recruiting function including, including recruiters and program managers
- Prioritize building a diverse team at every step of the recruiting process, ensuring our top of funnel efforts and interviews provide candidates of all backgrounds with equal and unbiased consideration and opportunity
- Employ market intelligence and funnel metrics to inform our strategy and build a trusting relationship with stakeholders
- Utilize recruiting metrics to educate hiring managers and build efficient and effective top-of funnel strategy and overall recruiting success
- Work to improve upon existing processes and develop innovative approaches
- Drive consistent and inclusive candidate and interview experiences
- Build Waymo's employer brand across campuses and beyond to cultivate long-lasting influential relationships with schools and organizations
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 7+ years experience building and managing best-in-class university recruiting programs
- Ability to represent Waymo to prospective candidates and interact with Waymo senior leaders and school contacts
- Assess campus process and results year over year and drive changes in alignment with global TA strategy that optimize results while managing and mitigating organizational risks
- Deep curiosity and knowledge of external market and trends
- Utilize data to gather insights and set goals
- The ability to work with multiple remote teams and and build trusted relationships throughout the organization
It’s preferred if you have:
- Efficiently develop and up-level a university recruiting strategy to attract and hire the best and most diverse talent
- Proven ability to manage projects and programs
- 3+ years leading and managing teams
- 7+ years successfully working within the People function with a focus in university recruitment
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)