Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As a member of the Communications team, you’ll be on the cutting edge of bringing autonomous driving technology to the public, developing strategies that will increase understanding, acceptance, and adoption of this life-saving technology. We work with reporters, editors, bloggers, and other influencers to tell stories about Waymo and the potential of our technology to change how we move and live. We partner with the engineering, business, policy, marketing, and product teams to create messaging for new products and other initiatives, counter misinformation, and shape our reputation.
In this role, you'll:
- Help tell the Waymo story and help communicate brand and product news to external audiences
- Lead development of communications strategy for product launches, consumer news, partnership announcements across both Waymo One (ride hailing) and Waymo Via (trucking and local delivery)
- Be responsible for narrative development, writing and execution for Waymo Product and Consumer news.
- Build key relationships with media and other industry external stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including Product, Design, Partnerships, Marketing, and other internal teams
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 5+ years experience in communications/ public relations
- Experience developing and executing on communications strategy for product launches
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task with a high bar for detail
- Ability to think strategically as well as tactical execution
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience in the technology or automotive industries (in house or agency)
- Experience in Product or Consumer Tech PR roles specifically
- Bachelor’s degree, focus in marketing, communications preferred but not required
- Existing relationships with tech, automotive, consumer media and event organizers
- Interest in social media and other creative marketing
- Creative and innovative thinking regarding ways to engage with internal and external audiences
- Be an excellent communicator and team player who is resourceful and organized
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)