Head of Foundational Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo Operations exists to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We are a global team building and scaling the world's first and leading autonomous fleet and operations platform. From component sourcing to end customer management, we enable and create value for Waymo through scaled and orchestrated deployment of the Waymo Driver. At Waymo, we are dedicated to building a culture that promotes inclusivity and celebration. We value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences; recognize that inclusive actions lead to equitable outcomes; and support and encourage all team members to share their ideas to help Waymo better serve the communities in which we operate.
In this leadership role, you will:
- Define Waymo Operations’ strategic vision, supporting its effectual implementation, and providing the critical foundation for a well executed, trained and safety-conscious organization.
- Translate the Waymo Operations strategic vision into specific actionable investment strategies across the organization including new capabilities & programs. Ensure Waymo Operations understands and acts in alignment with the strategic vision.
- Own overall strategic program results (delivery and value), act as a visible sponsor and champion for the organization’s transformation through prioritization of initiatives that drive long term value creation
- Ingrain a safety culture throughout Ops by designing and implementing a Safety Mgt System anchored on effective training and safety protocols
- Facilitate effective processes and a problem-solving culture within organization
- Direct team operations and communications to empower teams to make great decisions that support the mission
- Influence across Waymo including providing regular strategic updates to CEO level
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 15+ years of work experience in operational leadership, strategy, business operations or management consulting roles
- Impactful cross-functional leadership
- Experience designing processes for scale
- A proven track record of guiding organizations with strong strategic leadership
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA or equivalent
- Transportation industry experience
- Technology development experience
- Compliance experience or working in a highly regulated space
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email email@example.com. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)