Product Manager, Ops Mission Management
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work on groundbreaking problems that have never been solved before – you will be at the forefront of the first ever autonomous vehicle scaling endeavor and will play a key role in its execution
- Collaborate with our ProdOps, Operations, Engineering, Data Science and UX teams to understand which problems are currently affecting Waymo’s ability to scale our vehicle fleet efficiently and run our daily operations
- Get on the ground of our operations to see challenges faced by our teams and design software and process solutions to make their work easier and more efficient
- Think about Waymo’s long term scalability and design products to help Waymo succeed in scaling while minimizing bottlenecks
- Drive vision, strategy and roadmap for Mission and Resource Management tooling used by our operations team to help Waymo scale
- Own vision, strategy and roadmap for your product area
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A BA/BS degree in computer science or robotics, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of product management experience
- The ability to turn ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- A get-things-done attitude and a bias to ownership and action
It’s preferred if you have:
- Master’s degree in a technical or engineering field, or MBA
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, operations and/or technical infrastructure
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email email@example.com. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)