Software Engineer, Fleet Infrastructure
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Want to build the next generation infrastructure for managing fleets of driverless cars? Join the Waymo Fleet Infrastructure team in San Francisco and help design the future of transportation!
Waymo has already made history by transporting people in a fully autonomous car. We're planning to grow our fleet of cars and recently launched the world's first autonomous ride-sharing business! We also have a growing fleet of driverless trucks for freight deliveries, and the list goes on as the sky’s the limit for what we can do with a fleet of robots.
We are looking for passionate engineers who want to build the systems that manage Waymo’s ever-growing fleet of autonomous vehicles.
In this role you’ll:
- Work with experts in the field of autonomous vehicles
- Implement and scale the software used by Waymo's Operations team. This collection of systems allows Ops to manage Waymo’s growing fleet of vehicles and operators, in the depot and in the field.
- Develop expertise in and make use of various Google technologies, like Borg, Spanner, and Scaffolding
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with C++ (or a willingness to learn)
- 2+ years of industry experience
The ideal candidate:
- is self-sufficient, product-minded and has a collaborative attitude
- has excellent communication skills - both technically with other engineers, and with non-technical stakeholders
- has experience or interest in a cross-functional environment - we work with many different roles to build solutions for Waymo, our problem spaces typically require more than just software
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)