Program Manager, Mapping Operations
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Engineering Operations complements automation by providing the human expertise necessary to build HD maps, label perception data, and ensure the safety and efficacy of the Waymo driver by evaluating real-world and simulated events and building test scenarios, all done with extraordinary levels of accuracy.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build strong relationships with and drive operational excellence across the vendor team, including ensuring KPIs are met, facilitating business reviews, and resolving day-to-day operational issues/escalations
- Identify process improvements and work with stakeholders to design and implement improvements
- Lead strategic initiatives involving tooling, process and infrastructure that help scale the organization
- Manage large projects from concept to launch by developing realistic project estimates and coordinating with stakeholders including Engineering, Product Management and Operations
- Monitor, measure and communicate project progress and team performance to program teams, executives and other sponsors
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or business discipline
- Overall 4+ years of work experience managing large-scale and dynamic programs/ projects
- Experience working with and/or managing vendor operations teams
- Proven collaboration and communications skills working with globally distributed teams and multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with data analysis/metrics definition
- Familiarity with Dremel/ SQL scripts
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of your time
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience leading successful operational transformations (Lean/ Six Sigma experience a plus!)
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Strong technical skills - able to work closely/ credibly with highly technical engineering teams
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email email@example.com. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)