Ride Hailing Operations, Shift Lead (PM Shift)
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo Operations exists to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We are a global team building and scaling the world's first and leading autonomous fleet and operations platform. From component sourcing to end customer management, we enable and create value for Waymo through scaled and orchestrated deployment of the Waymo Driver. At Waymo, we are dedicated to building a culture that promotes inclusivity and celebration. We value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences; recognize that inclusive actions lead to equitable outcomes; and support and encourage all team members to share their ideas to help Waymo better serve the communities in which we operate.
In this role, you'll:
- Lead, manage and develop a team and coordinate on service needs with vendor partners
- Ensure effective creation and deployment of company processes and policies to achieve safe and efficient operations
- Develop plans to strategically scale operations in new markets (vehicles, labour), accounting for safety and regulatory requirements while balancing AV technology deployment needs
- Work with other operational leads to influence and drive operational improvements and efficiencies
- Ensure timely information cascade to the team and act as the primary communications point of contact
- Communicate with cross-functional partners, organizing and prioritizing special test requests and events
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- Strong people and operations management experience in large organizations, with multiple levels of employees and skill sets.
- People management experience
- Experience coordinating with vendor partners on service deliverables
- 2 years+ leading day-to-day operations, with an outstanding track record on improving processes
- Organized, data-driven, strategically focused and with ability to multitask in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment and able to consistently achieve goals despite ambiguity
- Must adhere to a rigid schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations and overtime when needed. PM shifts generally begin around 2 PM, with specific schedules to be set by your manager
- Ability to lead large teams directly and influence cross functional teams
It's preferred if you have:
- BA in Operations, Supply Chain or similar field.
- Ability to dive deep into the data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
- Experience in delivering presentations to executive leadership team, peers, managers and staff
- Ability to proactively identify problems and issues across workflows then create workflows, programs and procedures to solve them
- 2 years+ experience leading operations in transportation, logistics or trucking operations and/or AV operations
- Experience operating in a matrix organization
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email email@example.com. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)