Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s real estate know-how is steered by experts like you. As the Ride Hailing & Trucking Real Estate Business Partner you will be responsible for defining and implementing the real estate portfolio strategy, inclusive of asset ownership model, across different market landscapes while ensuring strategic business alignment and strong stakeholder engagement. You will work in close collaboration with the business teams and the Head of Real Estate in progressing a strategic roadmap in an extremely fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity. Process excellence, collaboration, and detailed cross-org communications are critical.
This role reports to the Director of Real Estate & Workplace Services and is located in Mountain View, CA; San Francisco, CA; Phoenix, AZ
In this role you'll:
- Build trusted relationships across the business and act as liaison to ensure alignment between investments and the enterprise strategies across operations typologies, inclusive of depots, vehicle and charging spokes.
- Leverages industry expertise and business partnership to define portfolio strategy, inclusive of asset ownership model across market landscapes. Translate business needs into infrastructure and real estate requirements.
- Responsible for managing outsourced partnerships relationships, including but not limited to RFQ/RFP creation and Partner solicitation and ongoing performance management (i.e., SLAs, etc.).
- Oversee the ongoing lifecycle of each infrastructure solution at macro, metro scale, inclusive of charging. Evaluate success via measurement of business indicators, such as infrastructure efficiency.
- Provide executive roadmap and direction for specific infrastructure solutions within Long Term Plan parameters, inclusive of demand planning and budget constraints, in partnership with Head of Real Estate.
- Ensure timely internal and external communications, especially regarding business partnership requirements.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in commercial real estate, with specialty in Industrial operations of at least 1,000,000 square feet. Highly proficient real estate acumen, including lease transactions, financial analysis and best practices.
- Business relationship management experience, inclusive of orchestrating partnership agreements such as joint ventures, etc.
- Experience implementing and scaling charging infrastructure for electric vehicle fleet or otherwise.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in building, managing, mentoring and inspiring diverse project teams of cross-functional stakeholders and initiatives to meet business goals with project vision, mission and strategy.
- Advanced ability to create relationships, influence, collaborate and lead internally/ externally at all organizational levels, and thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills, with outstanding attention to detail and ability to take initiative, build productive relationships and influence effectively across various levels of stakeholders.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Automotive fleet management experience.
- A track record of strategic program implementation and proven objective analysis within highly matrixed organizations in an atmosphere where speed, flexibility and frugality are the norm.
- Stakeholder mgmt. and engagement experience, especially at global and/or executive level.
- Infrastructure experience (e.g., development, scaled rollout, etc.).
- Drive to work in a startup environment, ideally in the tech industry.
- Experience partnering with facilities and property management stakeholders.
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)