Technical Program Manager, Resource Management
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive end-to-end resource management, optimizing around constraints
- Work with multiple teams to build reliable forecasts taking into account inorganic and organic growth, and shifts in the hardware and software ecosystems
- Represent Waymo teams with TI and Waymo Finance and Eng teams, and drive alignment of business plans with the supply and demand forecasts and trends
- Identify and drive resource efficiency improvement opportunities
- Provide technical leadership and consultation to teams across Waymo on how to scale their resource utilization and management, all the while on a startup budget
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in technical field
- 7+ years of experience in Technical Program Management - orchestrating complex technical software projects
- Exceptional communication skills. Influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a highly complex, always-changing environment
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience as a resource manager or in a similar storage and compute management role
- ML experience
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email email@example.com. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)