Senior Business Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
- Partner with program managers to define key operational processes and their success criteria
- Analyze operational data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Build automated reporting to enable business execution and continuity
- Present findings to key leadership and influence decision making at Waymo
- Manage Vendor SLAs and build methodologies to identify operational regressions
- Enable execution of key planning and business review meetings
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- At least 4+ years of experience
- Ability to extract actionable insights from data
- Expertise influencing key decisions across business leadership
- Expertise using SQL to extract, clean, and transform data in large, complex, nested databases
- Ability to create intuitive and readable dashboards using visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Plotly, Data Studio)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong intellectual curiosity
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience working in a fast paced operations, manufacturing or supply chain environment
- A degree in Supply chain management, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar field
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)