Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo Operations exists to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We are a global team building and scaling the world's first and leading autonomous fleet and operations platform. From component sourcing to end customer management, we enable and create value for Waymo through scaled and orchestrated deployment of the Waymo Driver. At Waymo, we are dedicated to building a culture that promotes inclusivity and celebration. We value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences; recognize that inclusive actions lead to equitable outcomes; and support and encourage all team members to share their ideas to help Waymo better serve the communities in which we operate.
In this role you'll:
- Contribute to Fleet Response’s global initiatives by developing and realizing overall operations strategy, defining scope of work, understanding business requirements and needs, implementing new processes, and contributing to ongoing operational process improvements.
- Develop and manage vendor partnerships and SOWs to ensure effective delivery on SLAs. Analyze ongoing operational needs, including vendor partnerships, and present recommendations to influence both Sr. Leadership and Stakeholders.
- Be accountable for operations by coordinating with key vendor contacts to track and ensure successful execution on contract terms regarding resourcing, quality, and delivery of services to meet Waymo’s business needs.
- Drive vendor selection and overall vendor operations strategies in support of Waymo’s business objectives and long-term plans. Source new vendor partners or expand scope of service offering with current vendor partners. Lead negotiations for vendor contracts and serve as a key point of contact for vendor relationships internally and externally.
- Develop and deploy vendor-specific infrastructure, including security, tools, and processes needed to successfully execute on SLAs.
- Lead regular internal business reviews and effectively partner with cross-functional teams both locally and globally to drive continuous improvement against topline metrics.
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- At least 6 years with program management in operations, strategy, and planning.
- Bachelor’s degree, or in lieu of a degree, an additional 4+ years of work experience with program management in operations, strategy, and planning
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills with experience in applying project management tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills showcasing an ability to influence people to contribute to continuous improvement of operations
- Ability to deal with multiple conflicting priorities and stakeholder issues while driving towards pragmatic decisions/actions
- Ability to travel 1-2 times per month or as needed as business demands.
It's preferred if you have:
- 6-10 years experience developing and executing multiple vendor partnerships for a single operation
- 6-10 years experience leading outsourcing engagements, experience scaling outsourcing engagements and bringing immature operations to maturity
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or related business certifications
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)