Signal and Power Integrity Engineer
Taipei City, Taipei City, Taiwan
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Participate in all stages of project planning and development, by owning SI and PI of the products and their sub-systems
- Provide detailed SI/PI rules and guidelines for critical power rails and signal interfaces; drive solutions of SI/PI issues with cross-functional teams
- Review PCB schematic and layout for signal integrity and power integrity design
- Perform power integrity and signal integrity simulation for SoC package and PCB
- Develop signoff and simulation methodology
- Drive the root-cause debug of electrical issues
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in EE or CS, or equivalent practical experience, with 3+ years relevant working experience and strong background in electromagnetic field and transmission line theory
- Experience with the analysis on memory systems and high speed I/O interfaces
- Experience with signal and power integrity simulation methodology using EDA tools
- Experience with electrical measurement and debug with oscilloscope, VNA, TDR, and BERT.
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills that can enable the candidate to work well with internal, cross functional teams and overseas suppliers
It's preferred if you have:
- MS degree in EE or CS; experience with designing and validating large and complex boards with bleeding edge high-speed interfaces for high-volume production.
- Having the technical breadth and technical leadership skills to bridge various functional teams.
- Familiar with high speed interfaces such as DDR4/5, LPDDR, PCIe, SATA, Ethernet, MIPI, GMSL; familiar with popular EDA tools such as ADS, Hspice, HFSS, SystemSI and PowerDC/PowerSI
- Strong electrical debug capability
- Familiar with voltage regulator design
- Basic software programming or scripting skills (e.g., Matlab, Python, C/C++) for measurements (or simulations) automation
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)