Program Manager, Labeling Operations
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Engineering Operations complements automation by providing the human expertise necessary to build HD maps, label perception data, and ensure the safety and efficacy of the Waymo driver by evaluating real-world and simulated events and building test scenarios, all done with extraordinary levels of accuracy.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead the labeling quality and training programs, ensuring a 1000+ vendor operation continues to deliver labeled datasets and the optimum quality and highest cost efficiency
- Identify and drive the execution of various initiatives with cross functional partners to manage day to day delivery as well as land large automation and efficiency initiatives
- Be responsible for defining the product and process roadmap for the internal labeling quality tool and training program, by influencing and collaborating with ML infrastructure, labeling delivery teams and product management
- Communicate cross-functionally and at executive level on the progress of their programs.
- Continuously suggests ways to improve, create new business processes and scale-up programs within the team and beyond, thanks to their appetite for innovation and scope expansion
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 7+ Years experience in Program Management, managing large-scale operational programs with both internal and external partners
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experience in helping teams measure and improve operational excellence
- Ability to define projects, execute within timelines
- Ability to work independently and on multiple complex initiatives concurrently
It’s preferred if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical and business discipline
- Overall 10+ years of work experience, 5 years project management experience managing large-scale and dynamic operations projects
- Detail oriented, versatile, innovative, self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management and having exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Waymo does not discriminate against, and prohibits harassment of, any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please let the recruiting team know or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This email address is intended to be used only for requesting accommodations as part of the application process. Other inquiries will not receive a response.)