Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
At Waymo, we are mission-driven and believe deeply in the opportunity of autonomous driving technology to improve mobility and make people's lives better. We are united by purpose and responsibility (for our employees and riders alike). We are looking for kind, committed, employees who have integrity, dream big, work together as one team and create a sense of belonging for one another that is the foundation of our culture. We want each team member to feel welcomed and included in every step of our exciting journey.
Waymo Operations exists to deliver the Waymo Driver to the world. We are a global team building and scaling the world's first and leading autonomous fleet and operations platform. From component sourcing to end customer management, we enable and create value for Waymo through scaled and orchestrated deployment of the Waymo Driver. At Waymo, we are dedicated to building a culture that promotes inclusivity and celebration. We value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences; recognize that inclusive actions lead to equitable outcomes; and support and encourage all team members to share their ideas to help Waymo better serve the communities in which we operate.
In this role you'll:
- Master proprietary cutting-edge technologies, both independently and while collaborating with engineers and team.
- Service and troubleshoot self-driving systems, components, and integrated sensor stacks using internal proprietary tools.
- Diagnose OEM base vehicle systems and components using manufacturer-provided software and tools, specializing in CAN, LIN, and FlexRay.
- Demonstrate leadership alongside managers by providing exemplary hands-on skills, technical writing, and verbal communication practices.
- Complete tasks outside of established processes when necessary and propose creative solutions to unforeseen roadblocks.
- Provide remote field support, up to 25% of the time.
- Operate Waymo self-driving vehicles as needed for the role.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- A B.A., B.S. and/or an automotive technology degree.
- 4+ years experience as a shop lead/master tech.
- 4+ years experience in an automotive research/development environment.
- 2+ years experience working with ADAS systems and/or other self-driving systems.
- Strong diagnostic troubleshooting experience with OEM systems: high-level experience working with HV systems and hybrid drivetrains, CAN, Flexray, LIN, HVAC, cooling, chassis, and suspension.
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays, weekends, nights, and overtime as needed.
- Must be willing and able to travel on short notice to support fleet needs - could be up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this role, which are listed below.
- Experience working in a matrix organization, thrives working in a rapidly changing and evolving environment, independently and with cross functional teams.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Master Technician certification, ASE certification and/or manufacturer certification.
- Knowledgeable regarding optimization of fleet maintenance and OEM maintenance items.
- Ability to operate comfortably within and troubleshoot Linux based systems.
- Diagnostic experience with embedded modules, self-driving systems and sensor stacks.
- Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Ability to qualify to operate Waymo self-driving vehicles on public roads, which is a safety-sensitive function that requires a valid drivers’ license in good standing, a driving record that meets regulatory and internal standards for safety, and passing drug and alcohol testing.
Essential Job Function Physical Requirements (Physical Task - Frequency):
- Lift up to 50 lbs from 30 min to 5 hrs per day - Occasionally/Frequently (40%)
- Carry up to 50 lbs from 30 min to 5 hrs per day - Occasionally/Frequently (40%)
- Push up to 50 lbs - Occasionally (25%)
- Pull up to 50 lbs - Infrequently (5%)
- Stand (at a time and total in shift) - Constantly/Frequently (70%)
- Walk (at a time and total in shift) - Constantly/Frequently (70%)
- Climb ladder - Occasionally (30%)
- Crouch or Kneel - Occasionally/Frequently (30%)
- Crawl - Infrequent (5%)
- Stoop - Occasionally/Frequently (20%)
- Reach overhead - Occasionally (30%)
- Reach below waist level - Frequently (50%)
- Reach at desk/waist level - Frequently (50%)
- Use lower extremities to operate foot controls - Frequently (50%)
- Simple grasp - Constantly (75%)
- Firm grasp - Frequently (50%)
- Fine manipulation - Frequently (50%)
While at Waymo, you will enjoy benefits that cover…
Health and wellness: Our people are at the heart of everything we do. At Waymo, you can enjoy top-notch medical, dental and vision insurance, mental wellness support, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a Health Saving Account (HSA), on-site physicians and/or nurses in some locations, and special wellness programs.
Financial wellness: Your financial peace of mind is important to us. At Waymo, we offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, equity, a generous 401(k) plan or regional retirement plans, 1-on-1 financial coaching, a 529 College Savings Plan and lots of other perks and employee discounts.
Flexibility and time off: Take the time you need to relax and recharge. Enjoy the flexibility to work from another location for four weeks per year. We support an on-site, hybrid work model and offer remote working opportunities, paid time off, Waymo recharge days, bereavement, sick, and parental leave.
Supporting families: When it comes to growing your family or caring for your loved ones, you have our full support. Enhanced leave options include paid parental leave (birthing parent gets 24 weeks of paid leave, and non-birthing parent gets 18 weeks of paid leave), and 20 subsidized days of backup childcare or adult/elder care. Access to fertility care or adoption support as you grow your family.
Community and personal development: At Waymo, you’ll find a range of opportunities to grow, connect, and give back. We offer education tuition reimbursement, personal and professional development, mentorship, and other ways to connect through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), other internal groups, and even time off to volunteer.
Cool perks: Access to Google offices, cafes, wellness centers, personal training sessions, massages, haircuts, bike repairs, office transportation, commuter benefits and so much more. To support your wellbeing at home, you can enjoy at-home fitness and cooking classes, and more.
* Please note that while our benefits philosophy is the same in every place Waymonauts work, benefits may vary by office/country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.