Global Supply Manager, Contract Management
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
At Waymo, we are mission-driven and believe deeply in the opportunity of autonomous driving technology to improve mobility and make people's lives better. We are united by purpose and responsibility (for our employees and riders alike). We are looking for kind, committed, employees who have integrity, dream big, work together as one team and create a sense of belonging for one another that is the foundation of our culture. We want each team member to feel welcomed and included in every step of our exciting journey.
Waymo's Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams are making the technology of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams and external suppliers, partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this role, you'll:
- Identify, develop, negotiate and manage existing and further development of contract manufacturers, both for short term and long term
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp
- Schedule, capacity and supply planning to meet development and production demands, focusing on contract manufacturers, electronic module suppliers focusing on module assembly, test and PCBA manufacturing.
- Evaluate technical and business risks using data based analysis and develop sound risk mitigation alternatives. Provide cross-functional support with HW Engineering, legal, finance and operations
- Perform cost modeling, negotiation and execution of part and assembly cost strategy
- Drive communication between suppliers and engineering
- Develop and lead the overall Sourcing Strategy for your area of ownership
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS or equivalent in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, operations management or equivalent.
- 10+ years of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in technology sourcing roles.
- Experience improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and objective-based performance measures, in CM, ODM and OEM environments.
- Contract negotiation experience, as well as tracking and negotiating component and module level costs
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and working cross functionally with development, legal and operations
- Analytical and results focused
- Profound understanding of the High Tech industry with 10+ years of relevant experience
- International experience, particularly in Asia, and the ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with high-tech contract manufacturers
- Experience working with and managing sensor/compute module assembly, SMT
- Demonstrated success working in multinational environments and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
- MS Degree or MBA
The expected base salary range for this full-time position across US locations is listed below. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the role location or, if the role can be performed remote, the specific salary range for your preferred location, during the hiring process.
Waymo employees are also eligible to participate in Waymo’s discretionary annual bonus program, equity incentive plan, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
While at Waymo, you will enjoy benefits that cover…
Health and wellness: Our people are at the heart of everything we do. At Waymo, you can enjoy top-notch medical, dental and vision insurance, mental wellness support, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a Health Saving Account (HSA), on-site physicians and/or nurses in some locations, and special wellness programs.
Financial wellness: Your financial peace of mind is important to us. At Waymo, we offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, equity, a generous 401(k) plan or regional retirement plans, 1-on-1 financial coaching, a 529 College Savings Plan and lots of other perks and employee discounts.
Flexibility and time off: Take the time you need to relax and recharge. Enjoy the flexibility to work from another location for four weeks per year. We support an on-site, hybrid work model and offer remote working opportunities, paid time off, Waymo recharge days, bereavement, sick, and parental leave.
Supporting families: When it comes to growing your family or caring for your loved ones, you have our full support. Enhanced leave options include paid parental leave (birthing parent gets 24 weeks of paid leave, and non-birthing parent gets 18 weeks of paid leave), and 20 subsidized days of backup childcare or adult/elder care. Access to fertility care or adoption support as you grow your family.
Community and personal development: At Waymo, you’ll find a range of opportunities to grow, connect, and give back. We offer education tuition reimbursement, personal and professional development, mentorship, and other ways to connect through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), other internal groups, and even time off to volunteer.
Cool perks: Access to Google offices, cafes, wellness centers, personal training sessions, massages, haircuts, bike repairs, office transportation, commuter benefits and so much more. To support your wellbeing at home, you can enjoy at-home fitness and cooking classes, and more.
* Please note that while our benefits philosophy is the same in every place Waymonauts work, benefits may vary by office/country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.