Financial Planning and Analysis - Analyst
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
At Waymo, we are mission-driven and believe deeply in the opportunity of autonomous driving technology to improve mobility and make people's lives better. We are united by purpose and responsibility (for our employees and riders alike). We are looking for kind, committed, employees who have integrity, dream big, work together as one team and create a sense of belonging for one another that is the foundation of our culture. We want each team member to feel welcomed and included in every step of our exciting journey.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role you'll:
- A trusted partner to a subside of supply chain and tech functions, this person will be responsible to support month end closing, forecasting, budgeting, long range planning and analysis;
- Build and maintain rigorous analytical tools and reporting to measure business results, KPIs, financial performance, and support forecasting leveraging core systems infrastructure as appropriate and creating new capabilities as required;
- Create strategic business cases and work closely with key business partners with strong attention to detail and passion to drive processes improvements;
- Support to build holistic inventory management and product costing metrics and processes to deliver financial transparency and compliance within Supply Chain functions;
- Collaborate and partner with key Supply Chain and Tech functions to execute a series of critical projects to drive effective and efficient financial reporting and analysis;
- Be the finance owner of the inventory management processes, work closely with accounting team to execute several initiatives to enable accurate and proper financial statements recording and reporting;
- Become the subject matter expert, be able to articulate and communicate effectively the AvB variances and the financial impacts of critical business initiatives, and to support cross-functional decision making processes.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor in Finance, Accounting;
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Supply Chain Finance, Operation FP&A, and / or Manufacturing Cost Accounting;
- Deep understanding of product costing, BOM, Inventory control & management;
- Strong attention to details, strong modeling and analysis skills by leveraging large datasets;
- Prior exposure to financial reporting tools and ERP systems (SAP, Oracle);
- FP&A experience in supporting Supply Chain in a technology or a hardware company;
- Self starter - demonstrate high energy and passion in executing and delivering;
- Can-do mentality - positive attitude in tackling the most challenging problems in business;
- Passion to build partnership and collaboration to drive processes improvements;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Fast learning, high integrity, humble attitude;
It’s preferred if you have:
- Direct manufacturing finance experience
- SQL / BI experience
- CPA / CIMA
The expected base salary range for this full-time position across US locations is listed below. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the role location or, if the role can be performed remote, the specific salary range for your preferred location, during the hiring process.
Waymo employees are also eligible to participate in Waymo’s discretionary annual bonus program, equity incentive plan, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
While at Waymo, you will enjoy benefits that cover…
Health and wellness: Our people are at the heart of everything we do. At Waymo, you can enjoy top-notch medical, dental and vision insurance, mental wellness support, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a Health Saving Account (HSA), on-site physicians and/or nurses in some locations, and special wellness programs.
Financial wellness: Your financial peace of mind is important to us. At Waymo, we offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, equity, a generous 401(k) plan or regional retirement plans, 1-on-1 financial coaching, a 529 College Savings Plan and lots of other perks and employee discounts.
Flexibility and time off: Take the time you need to relax and recharge. Enjoy the flexibility to work from another location for four weeks per year. We support an on-site, hybrid work model and offer remote working opportunities, paid time off, Waymo recharge days, bereavement, sick, and parental leave.
Supporting families: When it comes to growing your family or caring for your loved ones, you have our full support. Enhanced leave options include paid parental leave (birthing parent gets 24 weeks of paid leave, and non-birthing parent gets 18 weeks of paid leave), and 20 subsidized days of backup childcare or adult/elder care. Access to fertility care or adoption support as you grow your family.
Community and personal development: At Waymo, you’ll find a range of opportunities to grow, connect, and give back. We offer education tuition reimbursement, personal and professional development, mentorship, and other ways to connect through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), other internal groups, and even time off to volunteer.
Cool perks: Access to Google offices, cafes, wellness centers, personal training sessions, massages, haircuts, bike repairs, office transportation, commuter benefits and so much more. To support your wellbeing at home, you can enjoy at-home fitness and cooking classes, and more.
* Please note that while our benefits philosophy is the same in every place Waymonauts work, benefits may vary by office/country and are subject to eligibility requirements.