People Relations Partner
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
At Waymo, we are mission-driven and believe deeply in the opportunity of autonomous driving technology to improve mobility and make people's lives better. We are united by purpose and responsibility (for our employees and riders alike). We are looking for kind, committed, employees who have integrity, dream big, work together as one team and create a sense of belonging for one another that is the foundation of our culture. We want each team member to feel welcomed and included in every step of our exciting journey.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture seriously.
In this role you'll:
- Conduct investigations involving allegations of policy and/or employment legal violations, working to ensure that issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved.
- Use data to identify and analyze employee relations trends and make recommendations to address ER trends and root causes.
- Provide expert advice and counsel to managers and HR Business Partners to ensure correct application and integration of policies on issues with particular risk.
- Help draft new policies, tools, templates and processes for PR, the People team and Waymo in support of our goals and values.
- Drive projects and deliver innovative solutions as needed across the Waymo People team and partner with various functions within the People team to execute Waymo People strategies.
- Help build the People Relations function and develop guiding principles and philosophies to support Waymo values and culture
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Seven or more years experience investigating complex employee relations issues, with more experience desired.
- Mastery of employment legal basics and employee relations best practices.
- Experience working on employee relations or employment law matters in both a startup and large company environment.
- Strong business orientation coupled with a genuine desire to promote a fair and positive work environment for all employees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including high EQ, ability to build trust and influence at all levels of the organization, and collaborate with other teams.
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities independently and keep current with workload.
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing investigation reports.
- An eye toward innovation.
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
The expected base salary range for this full-time position across US locations is listed below. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the role location or, if the role can be performed remote, the specific salary range for your preferred location, during the hiring process.
Waymo employees are also eligible to participate in Waymo’s discretionary annual bonus program, equity incentive plan, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
While at Waymo, you will enjoy benefits that cover…
Health and wellness: Our people are at the heart of everything we do. At Waymo, you can enjoy top-notch medical, dental and vision insurance, mental wellness support, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a Health Saving Account (HSA), on-site physicians and/or nurses in some locations, and special wellness programs.
Financial wellness: Your financial peace of mind is important to us. At Waymo, we offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, equity, a generous 401(k) plan or regional retirement plans, 1-on-1 financial coaching, a 529 College Savings Plan and lots of other perks and employee discounts.
Flexibility and time off: Take the time you need to relax and recharge. Enjoy the flexibility to work from another location for four weeks per year. We support an on-site, hybrid work model and offer remote working opportunities, paid time off, Waymo recharge days, bereavement, sick, and parental leave.
Supporting families: When it comes to growing your family or caring for your loved ones, you have our full support. Enhanced leave options include paid parental leave (birthing parent gets 24 weeks of paid leave, and non-birthing parent gets 18 weeks of paid leave), and 20 subsidized days of backup childcare or adult/elder care. Access to fertility care or adoption support as you grow your family.
Community and personal development: At Waymo, you’ll find a range of opportunities to grow, connect, and give back. We offer education tuition reimbursement, personal and professional development, mentorship, and other ways to connect through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), other internal groups, and even time off to volunteer.
Cool perks: Access to Google offices, cafes, wellness centers, personal training sessions, massages, haircuts, bike repairs, office transportation, commuter benefits and so much more. To support your wellbeing at home, you can enjoy at-home fitness and cooking classes, and more.
* Please note that while our benefits philosophy is the same in every place Waymonauts work, benefits may vary by office/country and are subject to eligibility requirements.