Technical Program Manager, Vehicle Security
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the Waymo Driver—The World’s Most Experienced Driver™—to improve everyone's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
At Waymo, we are mission-driven and believe deeply in the opportunity of autonomous driving technology to improve mobility and make people's lives better. We are united by purpose and responsibility (for our employees and riders alike). We are looking for kind, committed, employees who have integrity, dream big, work together as one team and create a sense of belonging for one another that is the foundation of our culture. We want each team member to feel welcomed and included in every step of our exciting journey.
In this role you'll:
- Partner with software, hardware and operations teams to coordinate the identification, planning, prioritization and execution of tasks.
- Develop and manage dashboards, risk reports and other security communications tools to provide real-time insight into security feature deployment and effectiveness.
- Prioritize and manage issues, risks and dependencies and resolve misalignments with overall scope and schedule.
- Work with teams and managers across the organization to achieve a constantly high security bar for Waymo products and services and buy-in for security initiatives in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment.
- Support or lead complex, multidisciplinary projects. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- Create presentations with compelling messages effectively tailored to different audience levels, including executives. Drive roadmap, status, risk mitigation and other recommendations through implementation and report on results.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 6+ years relevant work experience in either technical program management, security and/or software engineering
- BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in government, security industry, transportation/logistics, or equivalent project management experience in a technology or media company
- Superior problem-solving and project management skills. Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Proven ability to work with team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business problems. This position requires leading and working effectively with cross functional groups.
- Experience identifying and driving projects in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity.
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience developing and leading product security initiatives in a startup environment.
- Security Engineering software or hardware experience.
- Security feature design and architectural experience.
The expected base salary range for this full-time position across US locations is listed below. Actual starting pay will be based on job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the role location or, if the role can be performed remote, the specific salary range for your preferred location, during the hiring process.
Waymo employees are also eligible to participate in Waymo’s discretionary annual bonus program, equity incentive plan, and generous Company benefits program, subject to eligibility requirements.
While at Waymo, you will enjoy benefits that cover…
Health and wellness: Our people are at the heart of everything we do. At Waymo, you can enjoy top-notch medical, dental and vision insurance, mental wellness support, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), a Health Saving Account (HSA), on-site physicians and/or nurses in some locations, and special wellness programs.
Financial wellness: Your financial peace of mind is important to us. At Waymo, we offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, equity, a generous 401(k) plan or regional retirement plans, 1-on-1 financial coaching, a 529 College Savings Plan and lots of other perks and employee discounts.
Flexibility and time off: Take the time you need to relax and recharge. Enjoy the flexibility to work from another location for four weeks per year. We support an on-site, hybrid work model and offer remote working opportunities, paid time off, Waymo recharge days, bereavement, sick, and parental leave.
Supporting families: When it comes to growing your family or caring for your loved ones, you have our full support. Enhanced leave options include paid parental leave (birthing parent gets 24 weeks of paid leave, and non-birthing parent gets 18 weeks of paid leave), and 20 subsidized days of backup childcare or adult/elder care. Access to fertility care or adoption support as you grow your family.
Community and personal development: At Waymo, you’ll find a range of opportunities to grow, connect, and give back. We offer education tuition reimbursement, personal and professional development, mentorship, and other ways to connect through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), other internal groups, and even time off to volunteer.
Cool perks: Access to Google offices, cafes, wellness centers, personal training sessions, massages, haircuts, bike repairs, office transportation, commuter benefits and so much more. To support your wellbeing at home, you can enjoy at-home fitness and cooking classes, and more.
* Please note that while our benefits philosophy is the same in every place Waymonauts work, benefits may vary by office/country and are subject to eligibility requirements.