Software Engineer, Researcher/Robotics
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Seattle, Washington, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
In this researcher/robotics role you'll:
- Work with world-class experts in the field of autonomous vehicles and advance the state of the art in areas such as computer vision, sensor fusion, machine learning, object tracking, and motion planning
- MS/PHD in Robotics, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in hands-on robotics research and expertise in one or more of the following: computer vision, LIDAR, object tracking, sensor fusion, perception, machine learning, motion planning, and control
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Experience programming in C++ and with robust, safety-critical, efficient code
- Experience with field robotics and systems design
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.