Electrical Engineer, Camera Systems
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this electrical engineering role, you will:
- Design, test, and deploy high performance electrical systems for cameras and other focal planes
- Support camera module and lens manufacturing by developing and deploying systems to improve test integration, assembly tracking, and reporting pipelines
- Review and work with vendors to drive solutions
- Set up and conduct electrical tests of systems for both prototype and production use
- Analyze and present data collected from sensor systems, and develop tools to help do so
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with board design, high-speed design, and FPGA capabilities and working experience of imaging and electro-optical systems
- Experience with layout packages (e.g., Altium)
- Experience with numerical analysis and data visualization with tools such as MATLAB, Python, NumPy, and/or Matplotlib
- Experience with conducting and driving design reviews, both internally and with vendors
- Experience with using and programming lab instruments; oscilloscope, programmable power supply, spectrum analyzer, signal generator
- Experience with LabVIEW, Minitab, SPCXL, SolidWorks and ProE
- Familiarity with basic (PID) control theory
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.