Head of Indirect Spend
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Head of Indirect Spend role, you'll:
- Be responsible for indirect spend management for categories including software, SaaS, marketing, professional services, and temporary labor services
- Consult on contracts and commercial terms across categories. Manage agreement consultations and participate in negotiating agreement terms
- Develop partnerships based on research, expertise, and understanding of Waymo’s strategy and goals
- Build consensus for recommendations with internal teams and executives
- Manage automotive, services, and other corporate partner relationships from initial discussions and relationship management through agreement closing and partner management
- Develop compelling partnership terms that benefit both Waymo and our partner
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in a partnerships or business development role involving indirect spend
- MBA or Master's degree in a management, business, technical, or engineering field
- Ability to develop unique partnerships and consult on agreement terms
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity, work collaboratively with internal and partner contacts, influence cross- functional teams
- Excellent communication skills, and analytical skills with technical, contractual and financial issues
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.