Vehicle Technician, Shift Manager
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this vehicle technician shift manager role, you’ll:
- Provide leadership to a team of technicians and uphold the safe operation of personnel and equipment
- Manage the schedules of the team, prioritize repairs and oversee vendor/partner fleet maintenance activities
- Effectively communicate with personnel as well as other operations teams
- Responsible for managing and forecasting inventory of parts and supplies
- Generate operational efficiency reports
- Identify and implement areas of improvement
We'd like you to have:
- BS/BA or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years as shop foreman or automotive repair manager or similar field
- 2 years of experience in fleet operations and vendor management
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.