Product Manager, Mobile App
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this product manager role you'll:
We'd like you to have:
- Work closely with Design/Engineering to turn breakthrough technologies into products that solve real user needs and transform transportation
- Develop and manage product strategy and roadmap for the Waymo apps (Android/iOS)
- Act as a user advocate within Waymo, and help to refine Waymo’s overall product vision and strategy
- BS degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience in UX design and 3 years of experience in product management
- Mobile app development experience
- Experience in, and understanding of, the effective demonstration of user-centered product design principles
- Experience in cultivating and developing strong working relationships with designers
- Demonstrated understanding of how design, prototyping and user research meet complex and varied requirements on highly-technical scientific and engineering projects
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.