Manufacturing Operations Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this manufacturing operations manager role, you'll:
- Lead cross-functional reviews with Development, Manufacturing, Materials, Quality and
Manufacturing Engineering to review component, product and factory readiness
- Lead Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) operations team in planning and executing supplier qualification builds, fixture validation builds, development builds and new product ramps
- Plan capacity, budgeting, and overall factory readiness for operations related to final assembly of the self-driving car electronic modules
- Influence product manufacturability, testability and supply chain flexibility to ensure the manufactured product meets design requirements while achieving cost and supply objectives
- Manage operators, manufacturing technicians and quality personnel responsible for incoming inspection, module assembly and test in order to meet the build plan
We'd like you to have:
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, new product introduction or operations program management
- Experience in the following: managing production lines that include automation equipment, optical alignment, adhesives and dispensing systems, etc.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and working cross functionally with Development, Operations, Reliability and System Engineering
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical and manufacturing engineering experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.