Hardware Test Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
As a Hardware Test Engineer, you will be responsible for writing, maintaining, debugging and enhancing software that helps validate, manufacture, and diagnose hardware designs. This includes developing the test plans for manufacturing and helping with early-life testing such as design validation and reliability.
In this role you'll:
- Write, maintain, debug and enhance tests for multiple hardware designs
- Develop tools for validation and testing of designs
- Provide remote and occasional on-site bring-up and management of assembly lines, fixtures, test stations, and automation
We'd like you to have:
- Experience writing Python in a Linux or BSD environment
- Experience with embedded hardware
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar, or equivalent practical experience
Experience with lab or hardware bring-up, manufacturing testing, and triage of hardware designs
- Familiarity with automation of hardware test equipment, such as power supplies, electronic loads, signal generators, etc., and communication buses such as I2C, SPI, CAN, Ethernet, PCIe, DDR4, and SATA
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.